So, why choose American Councils?
Proven, Quality Programming
Since 1976, American Councils has operated comprehensive language and cultural immersion programs overseas for thousands of students and scholars. Our participant recognize and trust our:
- Superior academic programs serving approximately 6,000 U.S. undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty in Russia and Eurasia since 1976;
- Classes at leading host-country universities, taught by university faculty specializing in the instruction of non-native speakers;
- Highly experienced and accessible resident directors and office personnel overseeing academic, residential, and cultural programs; and
- Support services, such as 24-hour emergency support from 37 American Councils regional offices and comprehensive overseas medical and accident insurance policies for all participants.
A Unique Approach to Immersion Learning
Participants greatly benefit from individual attention in our small classes and from interaction with host faculty who have extensive experience teaching American students. In addition to rigorous academic learning standards in the classroom, American Councils emphasizes immersion opportunities outside the classroom through:
- Volunteer opportunities at sites such as local public schools, charity organizations, and international NGOs;
- Meaningful extracurricular activities, such as cultural excursions, discussion groups, and the pursuit of personal interests and hobbies; and
- Life with host-families, where participants become fully immersed in local language, culture, and cuisine.